If you’ve never heard of North Island, New Zealand all the wonders of this beautiful part of the country, it’s time you find out more. There are so many reasons to visit New Zealand and the beauty of north Island is one of them. Road tripping dreams often include traveling in a campervan hire New Zealand and with good reason.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. It’s full of incredible landscapes and gorgeous scenery, making a road trip in a campervan hire New Zealand an experience that you won’t soon forget. If you’re looking for a destination that is both entertaining as well as breathtaking, don’t hesitate to put New Zealand’s north island on your list of places to see.
North Island and South Island are both beautiful places. Each island has its own special sites to see. If you only have time for one island to visit, then get started with North Island save South Island for your next visit. The following destinations are just some of the best ones to see in North Island, New Zealand:
- Tongariro National Park-A beautiful park, the Tongariro National Park is the oldest national park in the country. It’s also a dual World Heritage area making it a must-see destination for any traveler. Not only does it impress with its history as an important Maori destination, but the landscape itself is breathtaking. When you visit Tongariro National Park, you can hike over snow-capped mountains, appreciate alpine lakes, and even admire hot springs and volcanoes in the park. If you want to see one of the most beautiful destinations in the country, make sure that you visit this amazing national park.
- Lake Taupo-Lake Taupo is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful lakes in the country. Whether you visit in the winter or spring, you can rest assured that it’s a rewarding destination. With waterfalls, activities like sailing and kayaking, and even the opportunity to fish, this picturesque lake isn’t only for those who are looking for Instagram-worthy pics. It’s such a romantic destination, that it’s no wonder that many a honeymooner chooses Lake Taupo as a honeymoon destination.
- Rotorua-Thermal springs and Maori villages make this a fascinating destination to visit for those who have never been to New Zealand. A great place for those who want to learn more about the country’s history while also enjoying some relaxation in the hot springs, Rotorua is a must-visit spot for the curious traveler who wants to enjoy something unique.
- Bay of Islands-New Zealand has some beautiful beaches and you can find many of them in the Bay of Islands. From Pahia to Russell, there are several great spots you can visit in this area. There are also a plethora of activities to do in the water. From snorkeling to whale watching, there are plenty of fun things to do while visiting this water wonderland in New Zealand.
- Hobbiton-If you love the Lord of the Rings, you may enjoy visiting Hobbiton. It’s both a fun and beautiful destination that will make you feel like you’re a part of the movie. Many people who visit New Zealand make a point of visiting Hobbiton, because while there are plenty of nature destinations to choose from, this movie set surely is one of the best man-made areas to see in the area.
- Waitomo Caves-If you have yet to visit glowworm caves, you can trust that it will be an experience that you won’t regret. Just imagine floating downstream in a dark cave whose only light is that of the glowworms. It’s truly a remarkable experience, because it’s not often that you get to see a dark place lit up by glowworms.
- Hot Water Beach-It’s not every day that you get to enjoy beach views while relaxing in hot water. For those who don’t like swimming in cold water or who want to enjoy the beach during the winter, Hot Water Beach is a must-visit beach in the Coromandel Peninsula.
North Island is home to many beautiful destinations. If you’re looking for great activities to do, beautiful places to see, and unique experiences, this is the place for you. It’s a land that is full of history and unique spots that many only dream of seeing.
Whether you enjoy hiking or enjoy beaching, rest assured that New Zealand is the place to be. It’s a small country, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t offer a plethora of beauty for those who love nature.
You can travel through North Island alone or with friends and family. It’s never going to be boring, because wherever you go, there is always something to see or do. If you’re considering a road trip in a campervan hire New Zealand, you can rest assured that it’s going to be worth it. New Zealand is everything that they say it is, and more!