Latest Post

Harmonizing Career Goals: The Surprising Benefits of Karaoke Job Openings Exploring the Landscape of Online Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)

Returning to the photographic composition, the planes are fundamental to create harmonic and aesthetic images. The use of the various planes is related to the anatomy of the model or the portrayed object.

The use of different planes of photography like in https://photolemur.com/blog/free-mac-photo-editing-software is what will allow you to create aesthetic and attractive images.

Some of the most common plans are:

  • General plan: Comprehensive and comprehensive view of the model and its environment.
  • American plane: View from the head to a few inches below the model’s waist.
  • Medium shot: View the abdomen of the model.
  • Short medium shot: View up to the model’s chest.
  • Close-up: Vision up to the model’s shoulders.
  • Very close-up: Vision of the model’s face.
  • Up detail: Vision close-up of a specific item.

Focal Distance

The focal length is the distance between the camera lens and the scene or objects to be photographed. When we talk about zoom, we are commonly referring to it. At this point, we must be careful since the lenses with a greater focal length have a shallower depth of field and vice versa.

The Sensor

As we mentioned before, the sensor is the element of the camera that is sensitive to light and captures it to create the images. The sensor is the one that receives the light waves that pass through the lens and detects the information necessary to produce the photograph.

The Exposure Meter And Metering Modes

The exposure meter is the camera’s built-in photometer. This is responsible for measuring the light to determine the correct exposure of the image. It is handled with a scale from -3 to +3, where 0 is the ideal equilibrium point.

Commonly there are 3 light metering modes of the exposure meter. These are:

Matrix metering: When the exposure meter takes into account the illumination of the entire frame.

Centered metering: When only the central area of the frame is considered. About 70% center of the frame, leaving the other 30% at the edges.

Spot metering: When the exposure meter measures the illumination of a single point in the frame, representing no more than 5% of the scene.

Focus

Technically, focusing occurs when the rays of light that fall on the object, we are photographing coincide with the light that the sensor perceives. More easily, we can say that the focus is the sharpness of the image we are capturing. Depending on the objectives and configurations we are working on, we can modify and establish the approach according to our desire.

Objectives

A lens is a device made of various converging and diverging lenses that pass external light rays to the camera’s sensor.  They are available in a wide variety of focal lengths, aperture capacity, and quality.